The St. Louis Scottish Games have been canceled for the current year. Stay tuned for future events.
The St. Louis Scottish Games is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization founded in 2000 and incorporated in the State of Missouri.
The purposes of SLSG are educational, cultural, charitable, and philanthropic. The organizational objectives are to foster and encourage open exchange of cultural, educational, and recreational concepts and pursuits between those with an interest in the culture and heritage of Scotland and others in the Greater St. Louis area.
The SLSG organization shall plan, develop, and operate Scottish Games, Festivals, and cultural events in the Greater St. Louis area.
The beneficiaries of the St. Louis Scottish Games are typically selected from local organizations in need, with the number depending on net proceeds. For example, in past years, St Louis Scottish Games sponsored history and music concerts in several local school districts, provided free admission tickets to several local children's organizations, and made donations to several organizations including: the St Louis Firemen (used to purchase needed life-saving equipment), the Scottish American Military Society (Veterans), the Scottish St Andrew Society of Greater St Louis, The World Bird Sanctuary, and the St Louis BackStoppers (First responder family assistance).
The SLSG Board
- Chairman - Dave Massey
- Vice Chairman - Earl Frasier
- Secretary - Patricia McRobert
- Director - Sarah Moore
- Director - Jim Slack
- Director - Mark Sutherland
- Chairman Emeritus - Jim McLaren
- Treasurer Emeritus - Ann McLaren
Committee Chairs and Key Members
The SLSG operations are achieved through a series of Volunteer Committees. The following people are the Chairs of the Committees or key members for the respective areas. If you would like to work on a particular Committee, or just find out more about what is involved, then either contact the SLSG or the Chair using the information below.
- Admission Gate - Elisabeth Belcastro
- Animals and Birds - Kirt Beckman
- Athletics - Scott Runnels, Jim Deters, Sarah Moore
- Refreshment (Beer) Sales - Graham Parle
- Children's Activities - Cathy Heineman, Allison Brown, Barbara Brinkman
- Children's Foot Race - Earl Fraser
- Ceremonies - James A. Slack
- Clans & Associations - James A. Slack
- Entertainment - Diane McCullough
- Field Location: Contracts and layout - Jim McLaren
- Field Ops: Power - Peter Martin
- Field Ops: Set-up - Kirt Beckman, Gordon McRoberts
- Finance - Anne McLaren
- Fundraising - Jim McLaren
- Fundraising Support - Anne McLaren
- Highland Dancing - Sandra Brown
- History, Genealogy - Cynthia Millar & Diana Blanchard
- Hotel Coordinator - Michelle Nagy
- Insurance - Jim McLaren
- Medical - John Daniels, RN
- Permits, Regulatory & Security - Earl Fraser
- Phone (SLSG incoming) - Dave Massey
- Photographs - Janey Brewen, Jim Campbell, Bill Simon
- Piping & Drumming - Dave Massey
- Public Affairs, Website - Mark Sutherland
- Public Affairs Support: Charles Henderson
- Resource Procurement - Patricia McRoberts
- Team Secretary - Michelle Nagy
- T-shirt Sales - Amy Steen
- Vendors - Marianne Gibbs, Carrie Sutherland
- Vendors Support - Connie McGee
- Volunteer Coordinator - Michelle Nagy